Tuesday, September 6, 2011

LUSH R&B - Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

In honor of this past Sunday’s monthly trip to LUSH, I’ve decided to do a little run of LUSH products, starting with R&B.  R&B is short for Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer.  It is a creamy product, applied to towel-dried hair before blow drying.  Honestly I’m pretty lazy about blow drying these days and love to use this product even when I don’t blow dry.  It still provides a measure of control without stiffness or heaviness.   
The scent of R&B is absolutely lovely.  I guess I would describe it as a lightly flowery citrusy orange blossom.  (I could be wrong about this, but at any rate it’s seriously compelling.)  I don’t usually like to wear citrus or floral scents but for some reason this combination is just the right balance and just the right amount of subtleness and permeation to be addictive.  And it also seems to compliment whatever scents I already had in my hair from my shampoo, conditioner or any other products.  It just adds a little bit of an overtone of delicious citrus to the whole salad of scents already going on.    
No matter how delicious a hair product may smell, the most important thing is how well it works!  I’ve definitely found R&B to improve my how my hair behaves on a daily basis.  I can definitely tell if I’ve forgotten to use it.  It provides moisture and smoothes strands to help combat frizz and dryness.  And you only need a little tiny bit to make a difference.  I usually swipe a fingertip in and grab less than half of a dime-sized amount.  And I’ve had this tub for like 3 months now, and it’s still over a third full.  And if you’re not aware my hair is down to my bar line on my back.  I smooth the little dollop into my palms, flip my head over, and concentrate the application to my ends and then smooth my hands through the rest of my hair.
Overall, I love this product.  Like I do most things I pick up from LUSH.  It’s got a great scent, and works to help tame hair that would go a little wild if left to its own devices.  I think everyone could use a little R&B. 
Scent: 4.75 (The only thing I like better is a sweet but not too sweet vanilla.)
Health: 4.75 (I don’t believe it contains any parabens and some of the ingredients are organic.)
Ethics: 4.75 (Lush is a pretty great company, as I’ve mentioned before, but they still do use parabens in some products.)
Price/Value: 4.25 (It is a big chunk to drop on one product ($20.95 on http://www.lushusa.com/shop) but it’s totally worth it because it is fabulous and that little container will last you a long while.)
Does what it says: 4.5 (Pretty great moisturizer and smoother.)

Overall: 4.75 (Lovely product, totally worth the money!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment