Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

Lately I have had more and more interest in skin care products.  Maybe it’s the fact that I’m starting to get a little older and slightly starting to worry a little bit about future things like wrinkles and sagging.  Lol.  Not that I’m there yet.  I randomly get kind of a lot of compliments on my skin, so I thought I’d share some things that work for me.  Vitamin C Skin Boost by the Body Shop is one of my favorite facial care products.
Vitamin C Skin Boost is great because it leaves your skin silky smooth and radiant.  Sometimes when people come over my house I take the bottle, put a little squirt on the soft fleshy part of their hand between thumb and pointer finger, rub it in and then invite them to feel their skin after a minute.  Everyone always wants to go out and buy this product afterwards.  Or at least steal it from me.  Lol.  It’s one of those products that works well for many skin types.  No matter what skin issues may be present, everyone can always benefit from a little having skin that’s a little smoother and a little more radiant. 
Skin Boost is a serum and usually serums go underneath your regular moisturizer, because they can penetrate deeper than your (presumably) thicker moisturizer to hydrate lower lying skin cells.  But Skin Boost goes over any regular moisturizer, and takes care of top layer cells, evening out and brightening the skin, making it look and feel better.  This smoothing, mattifying quality makes it great to use in place of a make-up primer.  When applying make up over it, it goes on silky smooth, much smoother than when just going over lotion and a million times smoother than over dry skin.  
Skin Boost has antioxidant vitamin C which is supposed to fight free radicals and help brighten skin.  It is also scented with a lovely light citrus that makes using it that much more soothing.   I used to think that a serum might be a little too much for skin that’s not overly dry, but with skin boost I never feel like I have too many products on my skin.  I simply moisturize, add this then smooth on make up and my skin feels and looks great.  Overall, Skin Boost leaves you with silky soft luminous skin, which is what everyone who’s ever thought about that kind of stuff wishes for, right?  It’s definitely worth a try.

Scent: 4 (Very nice light citrus. Not unpleasant at all, but not super dreamy or anything.)
Health: 4.25 (There are a lot of words I don’t know.  But it does not appear to contain parabens.)
Ethics: 4.75 (The Body Shop does a lot with Fair Trade, Eco-Friendly Products and Charity.)
Price/Value: 4.5 (Okay, so it’s $26. But you’ll love it, and the bottle lasts a long time because you don’t need a lot.)
Does what it says: 5 (Absolutely. Silky smoothness with a lovely glow!)

Overall: 4.75 (Overall makes skin look and feel great!  Get ready for some compliments!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment