Friday, September 23, 2011

LUSH Dirty Toothy Tabs

Okay, so here goes number four of five LUSH products in my review of five in a row. Like I said when I was talking about the massage bars, LUSH loves making anything that normally comes as a liquid into a solid. And why not? It’s fun. And travel friendly, since you don’t have to worry about how many ounces it is or if you should carry it on or check your bag. This time I’m going to review a product that’s relatively new, and of course, fabulous!

Dirty Toothy Tabs are actually toothpaste in solid form! What a fabulous idea! Lush has just come out with a bunch of new flavors, but Dirty was the original, and so far my favorite. (Yes as soon as the new ones came out I bought a box of each to try as well.) Maybe it’s because they are spearmint flavored, which is my favorite of all the mint type flavors. I was also interested in Dirty because it came out with a launch of a new men’s line from LUSH, also called Dirty, which I now think is also pretty much fabulous overall.

So anyway, how do you use these things exactly? Well, grab one, wet your toothbrush, and place the tab in your mouth. I keep it between my lips and front teeth to start, and then use my front teeth to chomp it up into crumbly bits. Once you’ve got it crumbled, stick your wet toothbrush in your mouth and start scrubbing. Brush as you normally would. The tab foams up into a delicious scrubby cleanser, and is a whole lot more fun than regular toothpaste! It leaves your mouth refreshed and your teeth shiny.

Do not mistake these for mints. When they first came out, I was explaining them to my boyfriend, who took one, put it in his mouth, started chewing thinking it was a mint and immediately was like, “What IS this?” I had literally just explained to him that it was toothpaste. LOL. But if you put it in your mouth knowing what to expect, it’s a lovely experience!

I find these great to take on trips because they are small and easy to carry around or shove in a bag without worrying about disaster. If anyone happens to observe you brushing your teeth, they are a great conversation starter. Lol. They’re also great if you’re flying because you don’t have to worry about being able to fit all your liquids into your carry-on. Overall, they are convenient and more interesting than any regular liquid toothpaste. Yay!

Scent/Taste: 4.75 (Yummy spearmint)
Health: 4.75 (No parabens! Ingredients mostly recognizable! But not all organic.)
Ethics: 4.75 (LUSH is fabulous, but not perfect.)
Price/Value: 4 ($3.95 for a box of 40 tabs, that’s 20 days of brushing! A little more then regular toothpaste, sure, but way more exciting!)
Does what it says: 4.5 (It’s a great toothpaste. Isn’t quite as overwhelming a clean as regular toothpaste, but I’ve been using Tom’s of Maine and this is similar in intensity.)

Overall: 4.5 (Minty fun for all!)

1 comment:

  1. These seem awesome! I just checked the ingredient list and they contain saccharin, so I cannot have them :[

    But nonetheless these look super fun. Also- Mark is absolutely ridiculous! Hahaha, had he listened to you in the first place.... :p

    ReplyDelete