Thursday, September 8, 2011

LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub


Okay so here’s my second review of a LUSH product.  I’ve decided to do five, so here’s number two.  I absolutely love LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub.  Not only is it delicious, but it leaves your lips silky smooth for days. 
I’m not really sure why the flavor is called bubblegum, but it is a tasty delight.  It doesn’t really taste like classic bubblegum though.  It tastes more like just a sweet sugary pink candy treat, more like one of those dots you that you have to pull off the paper to eat (usually with a good amount of paper still attached), and it’s the pink dots specifically that the bubblegum lip scrub makes me think of.  Lol.  It’s a great negligible calorie treat for when you’re craving a little something sugary, with the added bonus that it leaves you’re lips softly flake free!
So not to be gross or anything, but I always felt like my lips were a little flaky and definitely unsmooth on a regular basis before I found this product.  I would apply lip balms like there was no tomorrow and while some of them softened the lips, they didn’t do anything to smooth the skin hanging around there.  This does a wonderful job.  To apply, I lick my finger (I’m allowed to do that, since I’m the only one who uses it), press it into the pot, and rub what I pick up onto my lips in a circular motion.  I dip another time or two and scrub some more, and then lick my lips to remove the sugar.  Delicious! 
I’ve tried other lip scrubs but none seem to work nearly as well.  And no others I’ve found are nearly as yummy.  I get like excited to put this on my lips.  And my boyfriend always says my lips feel so soft afterwards.  J  
 Scent/Taste: 5 (Love it.)
Health: 3.5 (It does contain artificial colorants, but I’m willing to overlook it for this.)
Ethics: 4.75 (Lush is a pretty great company, as I’ve mentioned before, but they still do use parabens in some products.)
Price/Value: 4.5 ($8.95 on 
LUSH and the little tub seems to last forever.)
Does what it says: 4.75 (Fabulous exfoliator.)

Overall: 4.5 (The health brings it down a little bit, but it’s amazing!) 

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this product, and you're the one who turned me onto it! In fact, I am using some right this instant!

    Only, I prefer Mint Julips, simply delightful in texture and taste! :]

    I will have to try the bubblegum one soon!

    :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, watch out if artificial colors are still bothering you, because the bubblegum flavor has them. I don't think mint julips does. :)

    ReplyDelete