Sunday, September 25, 2011

LUSH Curly Wurly Conditioning Shampoo

Okay so this is my fifth LUSH product in a row, and after this I’ll go back into some other brands.  Today I’m going for LUSH Curly Wurly Conditioning Shampoo.  I love love love this shampoo.  Now I don’t technically have curly hair, but my hair waves if I let it dry naturally, and without proper product, it’s a frizzy disaster in a muggy environment.  So as a result, I often use products targeted at curly hair, because they often seem to control the frizz and actually make my hair sleeker.  If you have any frizz issues, no matter what your hair texture, try out a curly hair shampoo and see what it can do for you.  
Curly Wurly is coconutty goodness.  The container says that it has 15% coconut for conditioning.  And desiccated coconut is listed as the second ingredient.  It’s kind of weird at first, because you can see a whole lot of coconut flakes right in it.  You’re thinking, “Why would I rub coconut on my head, what’s that gonna do?” and “Is that stuff gonna get stuck in my hair?” Lol.  But it’s fabulous.  By the time I comb out my conditioner (which I always do just before rinsing it), all the flakes are gone.
It actually doesn’t look like shampoo at all really.  It kind of looks like some sort of coconut goo dessert.  And smells like one too.  It smells absolutely delicious.  Kind of like a coconut almond cookie or something.  It’s supposed to be coconut vanilla, but I feel like it’s more of a coconut almond scent then vanilla.  Also, it’s not liquid like a normal shampoo, but actually a thick, creamy goo.  And when you grab that goo and rub it into your wet hair, and it starts getting all sudsy and creamy, it’s a scentual delight.  Get it, scentual?  Lol.  But really, it’s quite an experience.  And it helps make your hair smooth and frizz free.   What more could you ask for? 
Scent: 5 (Delicious.  Calorie-free dessert!)
Health: 4 (Does contain sulfates.)
Ethics: 4 (LUSH is great, but not perfect.)
Price/Value: 4.25 ($21.95 per container, but it lasts a long time because you don’t need a lot and it’s a pretty big container.)
Does what it says: 5.25 (I give this one extra because it works for hair of all kinds of textures.)

Overall: 4.5 (A yummy smelling smoother!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment